There is still time to register your child for the Southeast Pre-Kindergarten program. Joyce Fox is the teacher. To register during summer hours, please visit the Board Office at 506 S Smelter in Cherokee, Kansas.
Children must be four (4) years old on or before August 31, 2017, and for free enrollment must meet at least ONE of these criteria:
- Living in a single parent home;
- Have a parent who was a teen parent;
- Have a parent lacking a high school diploma or GED;
- Low income (qualifies for free lunches);
- Developmentally or academically delayed;
- DCF referral;
- Limited English proficiency; or,
- Child qualifies for Migrant status.
Students who do not meet any of these criteria will also be accepted. Please call the district for fee information: 620-457-8350.
The program is held at Southeast Elementary School at 303 South Humbert in Weir.
Please bring the following documents to enrollment: the enrollment form, a copy of the child’s state issued birth certificate, immunization records, and Social Security Card.
# # #