Southeast Elementary School PTO Minutes – September 2014

SOUTHEAST ELEMENTARY PTO MINUTES

September 2, 2014

Present were Jennifer Hutton, Katie Locke, Suzanne Renn, Joyce Fox, Whitney McCready, Audrey Dietz, Tina Westbay, Tammy Hall, Dorothy Smith, Carol Denham, Brenda Waugh, Theresa Cassidy, Tammy Peak, and Elaine Humble.

Meeting was called to order at 6:05.

Election of officers 2014-15;

President-Dorothy Smith and Katie Locke

Vice-President-Whitney McCready

Secretary-Suzanne Renn

Treasurer-Elaine Humble

  • Back to School Bash
    • $279.40 spent for food
    • $201.97 spent for door prizes
    • Bought food for 350 people and had a lot left over. Would recommend buying for 200-250 next year.  Have a lot of door prizes left over to use next year or for something else later this year.
    • $210.50 income from food sales.
  • T-Shirts
    • Dorothy has contacted First Edition for t-shirt designs and had two designs to vote on for our design. An option was voted on and will proceed with getting order forms home to the kids in the next week so we can get an order placed early this fall and then can have items on display at the carnival and can place a second order at that time if needed.  Shirts options are navy or black this year.
    • Will also sell hoodies, sweatshirts, and sweatpants with the t-shirts this year.
  • Meeting Dates
    • Meeting dates were discussed and will be held the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00p.m. in the library.
  • School Carnival
    • Hall reported the carnival will be held November 13, 2014 from 5:30-7:30.
    • Teachers will be in charge of games and activities and PTO will be in charge of the food. Will serve hotdogs, chili, cinnamon rolls, chips and drinks.
  • Hall will contact the school cooks on preparing chili and cinnamon rolls for the carnival and PTO will pay for the food. PTO will be in charge of selling the food.  Mrs. Hall will contact CAPS to see if they can help with serving food or clean-up.
  • Parent-Teacher Conferences
    • PTO will provide food for teachers one night and Mrs. Hall will provide for the second night. Will decide next meeting on food and who will pick up.
  • Book Fair
    • The book fair will be Dec 8-13th. Santa will be available on Tuesday, Dec 9th from 6-7:30 for photos.
    • Will need volunteers to work the book fair during the school day and Tuesday evening.
  • Best Choice Labels/Boxtops
    • Denham and Theresa Cassidy will count labels and submit for money. The next deadline is in October so need to get the order prepared this month to send off.  Mrs. Denham will purchase pencils to give to the students’ for each 15 labels that are turned in.  Will send out a note to parents reminding them of all the labels that we collect and encourage them to save labels.
  • Pumpkin Patch
    • The students will be going to the pumpkin patch this year and PTO would like to help fund their trip. At this time Mrs. Hall is unsure of the cost and if parents’ would be asked to chip in as well, or if she would use carnival money for it.  She will provide more information at the next meeting.  Suzanne made a motion for PTO to help fund the field trip and Joyce Fox seconded.

Suzanne made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:45p.m. and Dorothy Smith seconded.

%d bloggers like this: