SOUTHEAST ELEMENTARY PTO MINUTES
November 3, 2015
The November SES PTO meeting was called to order at 6:05p.m, Members present were Colleen Lacher, Katie Locke, Dorothy Smith, Jackie Scott, Tammie Hall, Elaine Humble, Carol Denham, and Suzanne Renn.
October minutes were read by Suzanne Renn. Carol made a motion to approve and Colleen seconded.
Treasurer’s report was given by Elaine Humble.
Savings account-$3000.52 (playground)
Katie made a motion to approve and Dorothy seconded.
- Playground-Mrs. Hall reports this is WORK IN PROGRESS!!
- Will place sample shirt and order forms at the carnival and take orders for a second order.
- Lancer banner-Colleen presented the banner and it looks great! Will be displayed at the carnival.
- Book Fair- Dec 7-11 8-3:30 and Thurs Dec 10 will also be 6-8 pm
- Tabled until December meeting
- Carnival- Nov 6th 5:30-7:30.
- Dorothy and Elaine will purchase food
- Katie has schedule of volunteers to work
- Fundraiser- Tabled until January meeting
- Hall is doing magazine sales starting February 22 for the carnival fund
- Katie presented recycling project for markers and will find out more information. This is an environmental project not a fundraiser as there is no exchange of money but we wouldn’t be out any either.
- Jackie presented on Mother to Mother Ministry of Pittsburg does a fundraiser for kids to draw cards for different occasions and then a panel votes on the best ones and then the kids can sell the cards. Can do this for any holiday so would want to do this next October if wanted to sell Christmas cards. She will get more information as to if you can do variety packs.
- Redwheel has sent their new catalog for fundraiser this year.
- Box tops/Best Choice Labels- Carol sent box tops in for $536.70 and labels in for $120.00
- Suzanne made a motion for Carol to redeem credits for Visa gift cards to purchase supplies the teachers have requested. She has sent a message to all teachers asking if they need any supplies and the two responses she received were for markers and volleyballs. Elaine seconded.
- Ron’s Receipts-Stephanie will collect and redeem for points.
- Suzanne made a motion to reimburse Carol $20.95 for postage on box tops.
- Suzanne made a motion for Carol to purchase more pencils to be used as rewards for box tops and to be reimbursed after receiving an invoice.
- The next meeting will be Thursday, December 3rd at 6pm.
Katie made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 6:55p.m. and Dorothy seconded.