Dear Southeast Elementary Families,
The students are getting excited as we will be having our Thanksgiving Dinner this Friday.
It is always a special time when the families join their children for a delicious meal. Below you will find activities listed for November and December:
- 11/19 Eddie Eagle gun safety presentation (permission slip was sent home last week)
- 11/20 Thanksgiving Dinner
- 11/23-11/27 No school for students (This is new this year for the students to get a full week off)
- 12/01 Christmas program will be held at high school new gym 6:30 p.m.
- *12/03 Reading counts bowling 1st and 2nd grades
- *12/04 Reading counts bowling 3rd and 4th grades
- 12/7-12/11 Book fair (12/10 Santa will be in gymnasium from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.)
- *12/14 Reading counts bowling kindergarten
- 12/18 Classroom Christmas parties & last day before Christmas break
*Please have your child wear socks on bowling day. Snacks will be purchased with PTO funds and carnival funds.
Each grade level has taken on a community project for this year. For this month, the 1st grade is conducting a food drive that will end Dec. 15th. The 2nd grade will be visiting a rest home before Christmas to sing to the residents (more details later).
Thank you for supporting our school carnival! It was a success as area merchants donated gifts for the drawings, community members bought tickets, donations were made for the baskets and a lot of people showed up for the event. All money made from the carnival will go back into the school. Last year, 10 iPads were purchased with carnival funds. The money also helps with field trips for snacks/admission.
Please check the calendar at USD247.com to find a list of all district activities & times to help you with your schedule. Teachers will also keep you updated on any events.
It is our privilege to serve your child. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Tammie Hall
620-396-8211 or email@example.com