PTO Minutes August 1, 2016
Present: Chris Wilson, Tammie Hall, Katie Locke, Dorothy Smith, Denise Herron, Mandy Collingsworth, Carol Denham, Cyndee Martin, Angela and Bud Burger and Elaine Humble.
-Dorothy called the meeting to order at 6:10.
-Minutes from May 2016 PTO meeting were reviewed and accepted.
-Change of PTO Officers for 2016 – Katie Locke stepped down as PTO Secretary and Mandy Collingsworth will become new PTO Secretary. Katie Locke will again be PTO Co-president. Carol Denham made the motion for the change of officers and Elaine Humble seconded.
Treasurer’s report was read by Elaine. Beginning balance was $9238.76 and ending balance was $9178.27, with a savings account balance of $3004.36.
- Tammie gave a check from Coke Rewards to Elaine for $41.28.
- Elaine presented Tammie a check for $154.50 for the down payment for the playground shade.
- Angela made a motion to pay half the cost of a flower pot at $37.49 and Carol seconded.
- Denise made a motion to approve the treasurer’s report and Carol seconded.
- Elaine suggested updating the PTO bank account with all officers’ names for signatures.
-Scholastic order – Carol pre-ordered from Scholastic in March at a tentative cost of $969.41. She will call after enrollment with adjusted, specific numbers. She is also awaiting about $230 in Box Tops money she sent off earlier.
-Playground update – Kiddy Cushion still needs spread. There are two to three more pieces of playground equipment still to be set up on the playground.
- Tammie has ordered an 18’ x 21’ x 7’ carport for playground shade. Final cost was $1545 and this should be delivered in another three to four weeks.
-We received thank you cards from both PTO scholarship recipients.
-T-shirts – Dorothy is checking with 1st Edition for prices and design ideas.
-Back to School Bash – Set for Monday, August 22 from 5:30 to 7 pm. PTO will be selling a $1 hot dog meal. From 5:30 to 6:15 students can meet teachers and put supplies in classrooms. At 6:15 door prize drawings will begin. Elaine will update the event on the PTO Facebook page.
-Homecomings – Cherokee homecoming is set for September 10, 2016, Weir for September 17, 2016, and McCune for September 24, 2016.
- Katie made a motion for PTO to have a booth selling water and cans of soda at Cherokee homecoming and Denise seconded.
- Proud Lancer Parents will have a booth at the Weir homecoming this year.
-Katie will produce new PTO flyers for enrollment packets and get them to Tammie and Stephanie to put in enrollment packets.
-Denise made a motion to give $50 to each classroom teacher to help purchase supplies at the beginning of the school year (for 17 teachers) and Angela seconded. Elaine will give to Tammie to distribute.
-Katie made a motion for PTO to continue to pay half the cost for SES students to attend the pumpkin patch this year and for bowling for Reading Counts reward. Carol seconded.
-Katie made a motion to adjourn at 7:20 and Denise seconded. Next PTO meeting will be Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 6 pm in Cyndee Martin’s room.