Summer Camps, Leagues, Meals, Etc
Several Summer activities are being offered to USD 247 Southeast students. This is a listing of each program and camp, including league schedules.
K-3rd Grade Camp
Cost: FREE (a grant funded program of Kansas Reading Roadmap)
Grades: Students who completed grades K,1,2,3 in 2016-17
Duration: May 22, 2017 through June 16, 2017
Days per week: Monday through Friday
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 1:50 p.m. (Breakfast & Lunch provided at no charge to students)
Location: Southeast High School campus (Transportation will be provided)
Contact: Jamie Ball, 1-620-704-4205 or email@example.com
The Kansas Reading Roadmap Summer Program combines fun with learning to help K-3 students focus on reading and math proficiency. Each week, students who attend at least 3 days Monday through Thursday are eligible to go on that Friday’s field trip. There is limited enrollment to the KRR Summer Program. Applications may be submitted but students will be invited as space is available.
S.T.E.M. Final Destination Summer/21st Century
Grades: Students who completed 5th through 11th grades in 2016-17
Duration: May 22, 2017 through June 16, 2017 (Susceptible to change)
Days per week: Monday through Friday (attendance is flexible)
Hours: 8 a.m. to 1:50 p.m. (Breakfast & Lunch provided at no charge to students)
Contact: James Humble at 620-249-9830.
The summer bus picks up and drops off at the Southeast Elementary School in Weir, Southeast Junior High in Cherokee, the McCune school building, Scammon Express and West Mineral town hall. Home pickup/drop-off may be available if resources allow.
Summer Meal Program at SHS
Southeast will once again have FREE breakfast and lunch available this summer to all children and teens. This program is not just for Southeast students – it is a service for anyone ages 1 to 18. No registration or identification is required.
The meals will be available at Southeast High School from May 22, 2017 through June 16, 2017, Monday through Friday. No meals will be served Memorial Day, May 29, 2017.
Breakfast is served from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Southeast High School is located at 126 West 400 Highway in Cherokee.
For more information, contact Connie Kimzey at the USD 247 Southeast District Office at 620-457-8350.
2017 Flyer (PDF)
Summer weights & conditioning is available at Southeast High School beginning at 8 a.m., Monday through Thursday from May 29 through August 10. July 3 through 7 there will be NO WEIGHTS.
Youth All-Sports Camp: June 5-8
Southeast High School coaches will oversee a Boys and Girls Fundamentals Sports Camp for 2nd through 8th graders during the week of Monday June 5, 2017 through Thursday June 8 in the Southeast High School East Gym.
- 2nd through 4th graders:
- Football and Volleyball from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Basketball from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- 5th and 6th graders:
- Basketball from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Football and Volleyball from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- 7th and 8th Graders:
- Football and Volleyball from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Basketball from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
The Camp fee is $35 for an individual, or $25 per camper if more than one child from a family is attending.
Please fill out the registration form and return it by May 17 to your school’s office. Make checks payable to “Southeast High School”. Form available here.
Also, a free breakfast will be available at SHS from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., and a free lunch will be available from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
For more information please call Coach Maya White at 620-457-8415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
15U Summer Baseball
Southeast 15U doubleheaders with the Columbus Babe Ruth 13-15 Year Old Summer League
- Tuesday May 30, 6:00p at Columbus
- Thursday June 1, 6:00p at Columbus
- Monday June 5, 6:00p at Columbus
- Wednesday June 7, 6:00p at Columbus
- Friday June 9, 6:00p at Riverton
- Monday June 12, 6:00p at Columbus
- Wednesday June 14, 6:00p at Cherokee vs Baxter Springs
- Thursday June 15, 6:00p at Columbus
- Monday June 19, 6:00p at Columbus
- Wednesday June 21, 6:00p at Galena
- Thursday June 22, 6:00p at Columbus
- Monday June 26, 6:00p at Columbus
- Wednesday June 28, 6:00p at Baxter Springs
- Thursday June 29, 6:00p at Columbus
16U Summer Softball
Doubleheaders with the Girard Public Recreation Commission
Please note, there may be changes to this schedule
- Tuesday June 6, 6:00p at Fort Scott, vs Fort Scott 2
- Thursday June 8, 6:00p at Girard Field 1, vs Girard Rec
- Tuesday June 13, 6:00p at Cherokee, vs Fort Scott 2
- Thursday June 15, 6:00p at Cherokee, vs Girard Rec
- Wednesday June 21, 6:00p at Arma Hookie Field, vs Arma Rec
- Tuesday June 27, 6:00p at Cherokee, vs Fort Scott 2
- Thursday June 29, 6:00p at Fort Scott, vs Fort Scott 1
SHS Summer Baseball
For rising 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th graders at SHS, doubleheaders
- Thursday June 1, 6:00p at Cherokee vs Northeast
- Tuesday June 6, 6:00p at Riverton
- Friday June 9, 6:00p at Cherokee vs Girard
- Wednesday June 14, 5:30p at Columbus
- Saturday June 17, 10:00a at Cherokee vs Riverton
- Tuesday June 20, 6:00p at Cherokee vs Baxter Springs
- Thursday June 22, 6:00p at Cherokee vs Parsons
- Saturday June 24, 10:00a at Frontenac
- Monday June 26, 6:00p at Baxter Springs
- Thursday June 29, 6:00p at Northeast-Arma
- Wednesday July 5, 6:00p at Cherokee vs Frontenac
- Friday July 7, 6:00p at Girard
SHS Summer Boys Basketball
The Southeast Boys Basketball Team will have its Team Camp for rising 9th-12th graders the week of May *30* through June 2, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Southeast High School. Cost is $35 per player.
The SHS Boys Basketball Team is also scheduled to take part in several Shootouts this June:
- June 2-3: Pitt State Shootout – $15 each;
- June 26: Parsons Shootout – $10 each; and,
- June 28-29: Girard Shootout – $15 each.
Please make checks payable to Southeast High School.
As a reminder to parents and student-athletes, summer weights & conditioning begin at 8 a.m. at Southeast High School, Monday through Thursday from May 29 through August 10. July 3 through 7 there will be no weights. Open gym/organized team workouts will be scheduled throughout the summer according to KSHSAA policies.
SHS Summer Football
Rising 9th-12th graders are taking part in a 7-on-7 league this summer. Games are every Monday from June 5 through June 19, with all games in Sarcoxie. Games start at 5:00 p.m.
SHS Summer Girls Basketball
The Southeast Girls Basketball Team is not having a Team Camp this summer due to numerous scheduling conflicts, but the will have a couple of practices and they are taking part in a Summer League hosted by Northeast High School.
Practices for rising 9th-12th graders are tentatively scheduled for Thursday June 7 at 3:45 p.m., Friday June 8 at 9:00 a.m., and Saturday June 9 at 9:00 a.m.
All Summer League games will be in Arma:
- Tuesday June 13, 7:00p – Southeast vs Parsons
Tuesday June 13, 8:00p – Southeast vs Erie “A”
- Tuesday June 20, 3:00p – Southeast vs Liberal “A”
Tuesday June 20, 5:00p – Southeast vs St. Paul “B”
- Tuesday June 27, 6:00p – Southeast vs Chetopa
Tuesday June 27, 8:00p – Southeast vs Pleasanton
The team will also be going to the Jayhawk Jamboree on Sunday June 25 in Lawrence.
SHS Summer Volleyball
Volunteers from SHS Volleyball team needed for June 5-8 youth sports camp (see above listing for times). Remember, this is a fundraiser for our program.
The Monday Night Frontenac League is every Monday from June 5th to June 26th. JV teams start at 4:00 p.m. and Varsity teams start at 5:45 p.m. Cost is $25.
The Humboldt Tournament is scheduled for June 30. Cost is $20.
The SHS Volleyball Camp is scheduled for July 6 and 7, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at SHS. This year’s camp will be ran by Coffeyville Community College Head Coach Delice Downing. Please remember to bring your lunch.
The Southeast Summer Tournament will be at Southeast High School on July 10. Cost is $10. Athletes not playing are needed to help with the tournament itself. Games start at 9 a.m. Around 18 teams are expected.
The PSU Team Camp is July 13-15 and is $10 per player.
Summer Band Camp
The Southeast Summer Band Camp will be held from August 7th through the 11th, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Southeast High School. The camp is mandatory for 9th through 12th grade band members, and optional for 8th graders.
# # #